Chemo Cycle 3

I'm 3/4 of the way done with Adriamycin and Cytoxan! 

DAY 1: My mother in law, Giuliana, came with me to this infusion. I warned her it was really boring, and long and gave her every avenue she could have taken to just drop me off and run. She didn't though. She sat with me the whole time. We got to catch up on everything that's been happening with her, the kids, our families. We gossiped like school girls. 🙂 We chatted about the Instant Pot, electric pressure cooker. A friend had peaked my interest with her recipes and how easy it's to make meals in minutes. I am super excited about this pressure cooker. She ordered it for me. I really enjoyed spending time with Nonna. Chatting and gossiping made the time pass so fast.  It was really nice! Thanks Nonna, for keeping me company. ♥

Adriamycin Cycle 3 
I'm stoked because this regimen has been a lot more physically and mentally taxing than I anticipated. It's been rough, but is almost over!

When my numbers tanked and they put me on prophylactic antibiotics to help bring them up. I became a hermit. I was afraid to go out, socialize and just be around people. I'm struggling with depression. I'm not medicating, because I don't feel I need to. I don't want to. I just need to get out of my head, sometimes easier said than done. I've reached out to a few friends. We're going out for coffee or something, really anything to just get out of the house.

DAY 2: Brandon had a bunch of VA appointments in the morning & with my numbers being crap, we decided me staying home was best. Once he got home we headed out to the Florida Hospital for Women. This is where Logan will be born. I scheduled a hospital tour since its a brand new facility & we're going for a c-section. I wanted to know where we need to be, how it's going to work and what the place looks like. I SHOULD have gotten photos. The maternity ward from pre-op, recovery & mother-baby is gorgeous. The NICU is a level 3 so they are equipped to handle all sorts of complications. It has a really nice waiting area for visitors with coffee, drinks & snacks. The hospital tour was the highlight of our day. After the tour we went to my hydration appointment at the infusion center. They pumped me full of Sodium Chloride and sent me on my merry way.

The rest of the week was a blur. I felt very tired but very happy to be almost done with chemo. I was ready to do cycle 4 a week earlier if it meant I'd be done with this a week earlier. 😅

DAY 4: Sunday, I met up with Andrea, a friend of mine. We met at Starbucks for some coffee & chatted for a couple hours. It was nice to vent and talk about things non-cancer related. I really enjoyed getting out of the house without the kids and not being treated like a fragile cancer patient. It was good for my mental health, I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired and being treated like so.
Andrea hosted a diaper party of sorts when I was first diagnosed and brought us two huge bags full of diapers and wipes for Baby Logan when he's born.

DAY 5: I mustered up the energy to venture out of the house with the kids alone. This has always been a challenge because my kids are like squirrels but even more so now that I have little energy to begin with.
We went to Chick-fil-A to have a playdate with Bethany & her girls. We joke that Tristan & Ella are an old couple. She bosses him around & he takes it. He puts his arm around her neck/shoulders and they pose for pictures.



*At this point about day 5 of cycle 3 I stopped writing. I had virtually no energy left and what I did have I needed to spend nesting. I had mountains of clothes to wash and a closet to sort to make room for 3 boys in 1 closet. THANK YOU IKEA & Brandon for being so awesome at organizing. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Baby 3

Talk to your Obstetrician

Chemo Cycle 1